Generic Zofran includes the main active ingredient- ondansetron.
More about the action of ONDANSETRON (Zofran) :
- International and chemical name: ondansetron
- basic physical and chemical properties: clear, colorless liquid;
- Ingredients: 1 ml contains ondansetron hydro chloride dihydrate in calculation to 2 mg ondansetron;
- Additional ingredients: citric acid, sodium citrate, sodium chloride
- Product. Solution for injection.
- Pharmacotherapeutic group. Anti-emetic drugs and drugs that eliminate nausea.
- 5NT3 antagonists of serotonin receptors. ATC Code And A 01 04a.
Pharmacological properties. Pharmacodynamics. Anti-emetic. The mechanism of action is caused by highly selective competitive blockade of central and peripheral serotonin receptors 5NT3- (receptor trigger zone, vomiting center). Inhibits the gag reflex, eliminating and preventing nausea when using cytotoxic chemotherapeutic agents, radiation therapy in the postoperative period. Repeated application slows peristalsis and the passage of the contents of the intestine.
Emetohenna chemotherapy and radiotherapy
Adults solution administered 8 mg internally tively slowly, immediately prior to the chemotherapy.
- Single dose of 8-32 mg internally tively slowly, immediately prior to chemotherapy; when administered in doses above 8 mg Ondansetron dissolved in 50-100 ml of 0.9% sodium chloride or other compatible solution for internal administration and conduct vennogo infusion for at least 15 minutes;
- dose of 8 mg internally tively slowly, immediately prior to chemotherapy, then 2 times internally tively slowly, at a dose of 8 mg at intervals of 2-4 hours or internally tively infusion at a dose of 1 mg / hodprotyahom 24 hours.
- The choice of dosage regimen doctor must set individually
- Children may be administered in a lump inside the injection 5 mg / m2 immediately before chemotherapy.
- After operating nausea and vomiting
- Adults. Perhaps appointment as 4 mg povilnohovnutrishno vennogo input or intramuscular injection during induction of anesthesia. For removal of postoperative nausea and vomiting is recommended single dose of 4 mg intramuscular or intra vennopovilno.
Children. For prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting can be assigned at a dose of 0.1 mg / kg (maximum 4 mg) as a slow intra venous injection before, during or after the anesthesia. For removal of postoperative nausea and vomiting is recommended once vvedennyav dose 0.1 mg / kg (maximum 4 mg) intramuscularly or internally in the vein.
- Central nervous system: headache, dizziness, temporary disturbance of visual acuity (the rapid intra venous injection), spontaneous movement disorders, seizures, CNS depression, paresthesia, fatigue, extra pyramidal symptoms, syncope;
- of the cardiovascular system: feeling the heat and blood flow dooblychchya, arrhythmia, tachycardia or bradycardia, hypotension or hypertension;
- of the digestive system: constipation, diarrhea, hiccups, dry mouth, transient increase in activity aminotransfer az, failure of liver function;
- Allergic reactions: urticaria, bronchospasm
- other: cough, chest pain (anginal type) and redness at the injection site.
Contraindications. Hypersensitivity to the drug. Lack of liver function; surgery on the abdomen; pregnancy (especially in I trimester); lactation; Children age: when chemotherapy and radiotherapy – 4 years; under anesthesia – 2 years.
Overdose. If overdose is possible aggravation of symptoms in “Side effects”.
Treatment: removal of the drug and symptomatic therapy aimed at supporting vital functions. No specific antidote.
- The application features. When administered to patients with moderate and severe hepatic impairment is not recommended to exceed the dose of 8 mg / day.
- Terms and conditions. Store in a dark, inaccessible for children places at temperature above 25 ° C.
- Shelf life – 2 years.